Friday, January 23, 2009

What did I do last year that I won't be doing this year(or will try not to do)!(#11)

wow..........sorry this got so long!

Customers
Last Year I often heard.........."I bought it and never used it", "I have sets I've never mounted!
This Year I would like to help customers make better use the products they purchase.........but how? (If you have an ideas please let me know) My plan is to host more events that I think will help you make better use of your inventory! A few ideas that come to mind are........a play with product night, more shoebox swaps, more blog challenges, and of course.......I LOVE IT when you bring your projects over for me to see.......please share more often!

The Play with product evening will be a free event! Once a month you can pack up your favorite supplies, a project or two, and head on over.........crop style format!!!
1st Thursday of the month!

Shoebox swap-I LOVE hosting shoebox swaps..........a fun night of card building & visiting!!! To participate in a shoebox swap you must prepare a card, have all the supplies need for the project in the box(including all the tools). Everyone takes a seat at the table with their shoe box, and then the building begins!! Each person makes the card in the box in front of them, then after a given time everyone switches boxes(all to the left or right), continue this until your shoebox has made it around the table and is back at you......everyone has made your card! Hope that makes sense! There is no charge for these events, and there will be a limit of 6 swappers per event...........hope you plan to come and play!!! Shoe box swaps will run start in Feb., with the last one being held in May. We will start back up in Sept.!
2nd Monday of the month!

Club members
Cards:
Last Year
my plan was to leave the inside of a card blank so everyone could customize their card with the greeting that best suited what they wanted to say, For whatever reason, the greeting stamps on the little white shelf rarely got used!
This Year I will be changing that........the plan is to ALWAYS have something on the inside of a card(finishing it)! You are welcome not to duplicate, but the sample will be DONE!!!
Scrapbooking:
Last Year some of the layouts appeared without pictures.........
This Year I hope ALL layouts will appear with photos!!!

New Recruits
Last Year I didn't talk recruiting very often......rarely!
This Year I plan to be more active with recruiting........not sure how I will do this, as it is one of my weakest areas, something I definately need to improve on! Stay tuned!!!

Misc. 2008
Last Year.......last but not least......a BIG ONE!!! I am so bad at completing or getting customers to complete order forms properly!!! Completed order forms save a lot of time when filing, sorting, calling, etc.!! I don't need them 100% completed, but the basics would be a huge improvement!!! I might be calling on you to help me with this one!!!
Just past the order forms is my messy desk.......all of you know what a disaster area this is.........hanging head low!!!
This Year I NEED to be more organized with paper work(order forms).........that is the long and short of it...........I NEED TO!!!! Don't have a real plan for my messy desks.....I just need to make a BIG effort to improve.......fingers crossed it will happen!!!


Challenge 11
I must say, the answers to challenge 10 had me laughing at my computer......you all know me pretty well......(blushing here)!
After a conversation with one of the players of these challenges I would like to know............when you are creating, do you like silence, or do you prefer background noise like the tv/radio? How's that for a easy one going into the weekend............have a good one!!!

No comments: