Wednesday, November 03, 2010

day 4 of week 8(Wednesday)!

UPDATED with ANSWERS!


Mid week post......lets make it an easy day!

Ask me a question......I will(try)adn give you an answer.....paper crafting/stamping/scrapbooking related please!!

To get your grand prize entry for today please send me an e-mail with the subject line.....Q & A

I will post all questions(not your name)in this post.....with the answers!

Ready......Set......GO!

Okay, here we go....Q & A time!

Q: How many hours a DAY, WEEK and Month...do you spend crafting?
A: Oh my.....do I really have to answer this....LOL? TONS, too much, live eat breath this, think about it in my sleep......does that answer the question? Hmmmmm......this answer seems to be filled with more questions than an answers? I honestly do not know......a very large portion of most of my days has some form of crafting attached to it. It's kind of funny, every time my brother calls he asks me what I'm doing, and I always seem to have the same answer....I can just seem him rolling his eyes. I will say......I am very thankful that I am able to do what I love on a daily basis! My days have not always been so free FOR ME! Now that our children are grown I do have plenty of FREE time. I have already lived my super busy kidlet days, looooooved them...and am fully aware of how it feels to try to find time in each day for yourself(without interruption), and often you can't ! As many of you know we have just become EMPTY NESTERS.......still adjusting, feels odd.....more crafting time, buying less groceries......hmmmm what does that mean..........MORE crafting fun($)....I'm kidding(kind of...lol)!!!

Q: I have one background stamp ("weathered", I think) that doesn't seem to want to transfer the image in the centre of the stamp. So I get the edges, but no middle. I've tried making sure I'm stamping on a really solid firm surface, and really pressing hard right in the middle, but can't seem to make it work. Any suggestions?
A: Inking and stamping background stamps can be challenging.....not as quick and easy as smaller stamps. Firstly.....they really have to be inked well(the entire surface). This can be done with the a well inked ink pad, or a brayer. When transferring the ink be sure you are on a solid surface(strong table, counter top). Apply a strong pressure......and hold it a bit longer than with small stamps! Some people like to place background stamps image up, place cardstock on top, add a layer of scrap paper on top, then rub the paper surface. If you try this method it is important to not allow the paper to shift. You can also use a brayer with this method.....the pressure from the brayer helps to transfer the ink. There's no doubt.....using background stamps takes more effort, and like many things practice makes perfect...and worth it!

Q: Have the demos had a peek at any SAB sets yet?
A: No....but I'm am getting anxious for the sneak peek, I believe it is Dec. 1st. We do however know the dates for 2011 Sale-A-Bration....Jan. 25th-March 31st!

Q: How long have you been a Stampin' Up consultant?
A: I become a Stampin' Up! in April of 2003.......it's been a fun ride(including one move to a new community)! I've made many new friendships over the years......it's fun to be with people that share the same passion as you do......stamping, paper crafting, scrapbooking(you all know what I mean....LOL)!

No comments: