Thursday, April 08, 2010

COLOR RENOVATION!

BIG NEWS.........from Stampin' Up!
On Tuesday it was announced the SU color families are going through a MAJOR RENOVATION........a COLOR RENOVATION!


I am VERY excited about this change, a change that will allow us to create with the current color trends. Color is huge in our lives.....it comes to us in fashion, home decor, vehicles, everything, it's everywhere! Color trends have been around forever, and they are ever changing. I lived through the orange/gold/yellows, greens, browns of the 70's! In the end, I REALLY disliked brown, as a matter of fact....I couldn't stand it.........well guess what color I use the most now.........yep....you guessed it.........BROWN!

With my excitement comes a little wonder.....what can I do to make this transition easy for customers? Right now I can see it being two fold.......stocking up on the retiring favorites, and updating our supplies with the new products. There will much to follow(once I absorb it all), but for now this is what I know!

A few tidbits:
  1. the RENOVATION will come into effect with the release of the new catty(July 2010)
  2. color families will now be called color collections
  3. there will be 10 colors per collection
  4. there are returning IN COLORS in the new collections
  5. there are 5 NEW colors in the collections
  6. there will also be 5 IN COLOR announced in July, IN COLOR will have a life span of 2 years, with 5 new colors each year.....resulting in 10 current IN COLORS starting in 2011(and beyond). 2010 will the last year with just 5 current IN COLORS.
  7. there are 30(I think)colors retiring
  8. SU will be offering kits to update current products.....example Ink sets, Marker sets, Pastels(chalks), Watercolor Crayons, etc., etc.!
  9. There will no longer be full size Craft pads in all the colors......only spots and re-inkers! Whisper White, Very Vanilla, and Basic Black will be available in full size pads.
  10. I will be making a transition plan of my own(for customers). One for retiring products, and one for new products that are replacing the old. I need a bit of time to absorb all of the changes, and implement something that will work well. If you as a custom have any suggestions please let me know.
phewf....that was a lot of info, if you have any questions let me know!

NOTE: Crumb Cake is the current Kraft color....there will be a stamp pad....very excited about this!


There will no doubt be favorites we have to say goodbye to, the following chart includes the current colors that will be retiring!


POLL RESULTS

first thoughts.....COLOR RENOVATIONS?


LOVE CHANGE.....BRING IT ON!
8 (72%)
NOT HAPPY......LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS NOW!
1 (9%)
CAN'T DECIDE....NEED TIME TO ABSORB?
2 (18%)

Votes so far: 11

No comments: