Thursday, November 17, 2011

NOVEMBER FSOTM(challenge #1)

Create a project using the following color combo from The Color Throwdown blog(combo #163)












Jessica's entry:



Jessica wrote:
The color combo you suggested using and the stamp set Welcome Christmas. (That is my
favorite Christmas set! I ALWAYS use it!!) I would never have thought
of using this colors together for a Christmas card and I LOVE the way
it turned out!

Donna replies: 
Right on Jessica......glad it worked well for you!  I too.....love that set, I like the classic Christmas feel to it.......of course putting the star on the tree is a huge part of that.  Thanks so much for playing along, I look forward to your next projects(hoping you will continue to play along)!


Judy's entry:



Donna writes:  Judy created this Birthday card using the embedded/inlaid embossing technique to add dimension.   This is done by randomly adhering punched pieces(in this case circles)to the card base(or tile).....then running it through an embossing folder.  The Square Lattice folder(119976 on page 218) works great for this technique as it is very dense and really embeds the added pieces into the base(tile).   Pretty cool......eh?  

No comments: